Saturday, June 28, 2008

1st Date


It's 6:40 in the afternoon and both of my kids are blessedly asleep. Sure, I'll pay for it later when they are still going strong at 11:00 p.m., but I have just enough time for a quick adorable Carson-story.

Carson had his first date, sorta. On Wednesday, Brookie-Cookie (the love of his life) needed a ride to tennis class. Enter Carson all googley-eyed and nervous. We turn on her street and he turns to me and I-kid-you-not, says,"I wonder just how beautiful Brooke is going to look when she walks through that door?" Couldn't you just die? Well, she looked just as cute as a button and smelled great too. According to her father, Brooke was in a similar tizzy and had doused her self in about a half gallon of strawberries and cream perfume. She had also wrote "Hello Carson" on her Magna-Doodle and put it next to the front door for him to see. They took a quick peek at her room (it was evidently a giant pink paradise) and off we went.

Carson practically killed himself trying to beat her to the car so that he could open her door for her. His over eagerness was such that I felt it necessary to caution him to wait until the car stopped moving before he went to open her door for her again once we got there. All went smoothly during the lesson and 45 minutes later their first big date was over.

Carson later said, "Mom, what do you wish for me?" And I answered my stock answer, "I just wish your wishes come true." He smiled and said, "Oh good, then you wish that I become an Army man and marry Brooke too." How cute is that???

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

So cute! And so glad to see you posting again.

Caroline said...

Oh no. This post scares me to death. He is quite the charmer- Brooke doesn't stand a chance.