Thursday, June 11, 2009

She's alive, aliiiive!!!

Well, I’m back. I know, I know, it’s been months since you’ve heard from me, but I have a great excuse. See, Dobie works as a referee on the side and from the months of August (the beginning of football season) until March (the end of basketball season), I am practically a single parent. Football season is not so bad, but basketball season wears us both clean out. And to make matters worse, Dobie did such a great job during football season, the “association” asked him to ref’ several semi-pro games which required his presence on the football field through May.

So, I have been super busy raising two children, trying to keep up with my exercise class 3 times a week, making a miserable effort at trying to keep my house clean (maid got pregnant), and intermittently losing my mind. Did I mention that Dobie and I both got promotions? Yeah, well what they don’t tell you is Chiefs of Court do a lot more work than mere little indians and that there are not enough pharmaceuticals in the world to keep the stress levels down to a manageable level. It took a while to find a decent pace, but I think we both got it under control now.

So, the good news is that Dobie is done for the year and back in my life. With us being a right respectable two parent household again, things are running much smoother now. Ahhhhhh, so much better.

So, I will try to make a pass at this little blog again. Here is what’s been happening:

1. January- I turned 35. Boo. Took it a little harder than I though I would.
2. February- Dobie turned 35. It didn’t phase him one bit. I think this is the month I joined a book club. I also think that this is also the month where I didn’t have time to read the book, but I still showed up for the free wine. I just nodded alot and tried to look like I knew what they were talking about.
3. March- Dobie got a little operation which seals the deal on us staying a two child household. It went off without a hitch, I highly recommend. If I get the go ahead, I may tell the story of how it all went down. It was, in a word, hilarious. And the best part is that Dobie doesn't rememebr a thing.
4. April- I don’t know, it was Easter, nothing else much happened. Oh, I started Spring Boot Camp. But, since I am impervious to losing weight, I think I finished at about where I started.
5. May- School ended, yeahh!! Carson broke his arm again, booo!!! (Who knew Red Rover could be so violent). I volunteered (I think someone put a roofie in my drink) to be President of the Parent Teacher Fellowship at school. I am soooo not a leader. I do much better as a mindless follower.
6. June- I emerged out of my fugue state to re-join the human race and begin blogging again.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

YIPPEE!!!! So glad you are back on the blog trail.

Caroline said...

Yea! I'm happy to hear from you again. I've missed you.

Spotted-Bird said...

So glad to know you are alive! I have missed you.

mom said...

You are a lot of things, Stacy darling, but mindless is not one of them.