Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Look Ma, I'm blogging!!

This being my very first blog entry, I would like to dedicate it to my dear friend, Ann Haag. Although I left Lubbock (and our daily contact) behind eight years ago, I still get to share in the whole Haag saga every week. I faithfully tune in to find out what that crazy Caroline is going to say next or to see if John is staying healthy this week. I love that despite the miles and miles that divide us, I can still feel connected to my friend and her family.

That being said, here are the baseline facts for the Kosub clan.

1. Carson is 6 1/2. I have told him many times to stop growing, but he refuses.
2. Emerson is 2 1/2. I have told her many times to get to age three as quickly as possible, but like all two year olds, she wants to do it her way.
3. Dobie and I have been married 8 years. I had him on a five-year-till-perfection plan. At the five year mark, I had to amend the plan and make it 7. At eight, I consider my plan a success.
4. I have recently decided to join a "boot camp" at the YMCA. I am in a lot of pain right now. To make matters worse, one of the teachers is in her early 100's and is still in much better shape than I am.
5. We have one dog, Duncan. He is named for Tim Duncan of the World Championship San Antonio Spurs. He is a beagle/chewing machine/destructor of all things valuable and precious.
6. Having recently re-taken our bed by force, we have decided that we are quite happy with our two children and there will be no more.
7. Dobie is still in love with his job, but for the first time, is considering leaving for greener (green like money) pastures. I just want him to be happy, so I will leave this decision to him.
8. My job changes so much on a yearly basis, I think I'll stay just to see what happens next.
9. So far this year we have only had one hospital stay, thanks to Emerson. However, just in case, I have begun to formulate a plan to rotate ER's so that CPS doesn't get wise to us.
10. I am determined to teach Carson to ride a bike, learn to swim and tie his shoes by the end of the summer. There just comes a point when training wheels, floaties and velcro are no longer appropriate for a 7 year old.

That is it for now. Dobie is out of town and I have to begin negotiations with the children regarding the sleeping arrangements for tonight. I have the feeling that I will be sleeping with two children, at least four "babies", a couple of Webkins and a dog.

- s

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

You always make me laugh! I love your writing. Thanks for sharing your blog with me.

Spotted-Bird said...

I am so happy you started this. We miss y'all and James never asks the right questions when he talks to Dobie. I look forward to more!